Do you look horrible in your ID photo? Have you ever felt embarrassed to show your driving license? If yes, it means: “Thanks, God, I’m not the only one!”
Well, if our Id cards don’t look so great, the reason is obvious: it’s a fake forced posture. Nobody feels comfortable like that. So, here’s one of the secrets: comfort!
Of course, it’s not a tragedy having scary Identity cards but what happens when we want to use models and make them look natural?
The image of the week comes to help us with a great and simple example of how to do it right.
It’s called “Couple having a disagreement” and it’s uploaded by a French contributor: Phovoir!
The image is available for sale at:
Looking at the picture, I could find the 5 steps to success:
- Concept: build your picture on a fact/feeling/character/story!
- Simplicity: use only relevant elements, nothing else!
- Usual and comfortable posture: don’t ask your models to freeze, but to behave like real actors! Let them take their time to understand the concept!
- Facial expressions: Can’t they freeze with that facial expression more than 5 seconds? It means it’s not the right one!
- Originality: Dare to be free in expressing your own vision regarding the concept you chose, no matter how silly could seem!
What’s so great about this picture?
- It has an actual concept we all know so well: disagreement in couple…
- It’s simply expressed with only 3 elements: one woman, one man and a sofa! Nothing more.
- The posture is usual and natural: we can easily imagine ourselves sitting like that.
- Their facial expressions seem real. They don’t look fake at all!
- The photographer dared to show they are in a studio but letting them barefoot, he balanced the artificial scenery in such a nice original way!
- And yes, it has plenty of copy space. More, the white background makes the picture easy to be used as a background for so many things: websites, blogs, outdoor adverts, flyers, wallpapers…
How could we use it?
- In all glossy magazines with articles about relationships and the psychology behind them.
- Cover for a music album with love songs or for any romantic novel.
- Funny cards for couples, by adding an inspired text.
- Commercial adverts for any domestic product that makes a difference for the household or for any product that could make a woman happy, as she’s the upset one in this picture.
- Travel offers for exotic destinations your sweetheart dreamed about for already so many years…
- Inspirational posters for psychotherapy centers.