This tasty picture is available for sale and use starting from only 1.95$ at the link below. Otherwise, it’s protected by copyright.
You might love it, you might hate it… But you’ll always need it! Some use to spend hours in the kitchen, some use to spend hours waiting for the waiter to come and the most of us use to take it from the supermarket. One thing is sure! Eating takes time! But for the ones who love photography, food could become a great model! Even a tasty one!
But let’s see in a few lines what’s all about.
First, it’s important to say that “food photography” needs a lot of skills and practice! It might seem easy but it’s not. Just think of your usual cup of coffee. Could you make a picture of your cup and upload it in order to sell it? I can say I couldn’t! Or at least, not yet. I actually have to think if I have a perfect simple cup. And if I have, where do I put it? What light would I use? What about the settings of the camera? How could I catch the steam above the cup as we often see in adverts?
In order to make it simple, let’s focus on the image of the week and see what we can learn from a good photographer! It’s called Handful of cherries and it belongs to OlenaMykhaylova.
There are probably many things to point out but I would stop for now at 6 necessary elements:
- Simplicity – the simpler, the better! Food should be easy to recognize! Even if we would like to shoot something special as the home-made traditional cuisine, the ingredients would still need to be visible, in order to look good.
- Good taste! The food should look really tasty! It has to be fresh and really good! If it’s natural organic food, it’s even better! Don’t forget, there is a real trend about it! The unprocessed food is needed for at least two important categories: people who want to live longer and people who want to look better! So, a double chance for a photo to be sold!
- Nice arrangement. Of course, again simplicity rules. A rustic wooden table or a checkered colorful tablecloth would make a perfect background! As well as a white crispy tablecloth if you want to illustrate a fancy dinner! It all depends on your subject. It’s important that the food be related to the background!
- Low angle! Try to avoid the high view and you’ll see a difference!
- Lighting! When it’s about food photography, I think the most of them are rejected for poor lighting! So, make sure the light is just perfect and try to avoid the use of flash as well as the shadows below the plate…
- Perfect crop! The image of the week speaks by itself!
What’s so great about this picture?
- It’s fresh in all the ways! And this makes it attractive! The food looks really fresh and tasty! Even if you are not crazy after cherries, this image makes you want a bite!
- The topic is actual: healthy organic food!
- It’s simple and meaningful: hands holding cherries! The hands bring the human element in attention and this is great as this is what concerns us regarding food? It it nutritious? Is it healthy? Should we eat it?
- It has copy space! I could easily see a brand name or a quote on the wooden surface.
- The execution is accurate from all points of view: lighting, colors, angle!
How could we use it?
- Cover for magazines dedicated to healthy lifestyle.
- Adverts for products based on cherries, from body lotions to liquors!
- The image of a campaign meant to support agriculture!
- Adverts for special travel packages to the countryside.
- Posters and wallpapers perfect for any interior needing a nice red spot!