On the 31st of October, the last day of the month people around the globe celebrate Halloween or All Hollow’s Eve. It is a time of celebration and superstition that dates back to the ancient Celtic Festival of Samhain. The Celts used to celebrate the new year on the 1st of November. This day marked the ending of the summer and the harvest and the beginning of the dark, cold winter, a time of year that was associated with human death. The Celts believed that on the night before the new year (31st of October) the veil between the two worlds of the living and the dead was lifted and the ghosts of the dead returned to walk the Earth. To commemorate the this day, the Druids (the Celtic priests) used to build huge sacred bonfires where people gathered to burn crops and animals as sacrifices to the Celtic deities. During this celebration, the Celts wore costumes usually animals heads and skins and attempted to tell each other’s futures.
Today Halloween has transformed into a commercial holiday, just like all the other ones, being adopted in many countries where people throw parties where they dress in scary costumes, watch horror movies or go trick or treat. It is a holiday that allows people to be someone different for one night.
What’s so great about this image?
1. It is a vector therefore you can edit it to your liking very easily without destroying the quality.
2. It is made up out of three banners that can be used separately or together.
3. The drawings on the banners are not too aggressive but they still have a scary look making them liked by both adults and children.
4. The great amount of copy space: you can write your message on each banner.
5. The colors are very warm and friendly to the eyes.
How could we use it?
- Printed out as stickers and labels for different Halloween products or name tags.
- The banner with the pumpkins allows the person who buys the vector to use this one separately in a non Halloween related matter like a label for a pumpkin jam, a pumpkin chutney, pumpkin seeds, etc.
- Websites design, logos and layouts, headers for blogs.
- Comic books, magazines and book covers, also interior.
- For Halloween party flyers.
- Outdoor and indoor adverts regarding Halloween.
- For decorations used for Halloween.