When i first saw this image uploaded by BDS my mind stopped for a few minutes and i kept starring at it like a kid at something new and lovely. It intrigued me so much because it has so much power and it is so versatile and it speaks so much about freedom and how tied down are all of us by the society. I met once a very wise old man who told me that freedom is not how we perceive it and freedom is not achieved through wars and violence, but through our own minds. In society we need to have rules that we must obey in order for it to function, but what we can do for ourselves is to set ourselves free from the inside out, not the other way around. We can become free by changing the way we see things, the way we think and act towards the world and the others around us. That reminds of a great quote by Mahatma Gandhi that fits just right: “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.”
What’s so great about this picture?
1. It has a powerful full of emotion message – a woman tied up and screaming.
2. It has endless opportunities of usage.
3. It has a lot of copy space on the black background where you can write you own words, message. Actually looking it more carefully you could even write something on the model’s tongue, like a cry for help, etc.
4. The colors are bright and vivid, even though the black background can be a little “threatening”
5. It has great emotional impact reaching subjects as freedom of humans in society, freedom of speech, abuse towards women, emotional and financial constrains, etc.
How could we use it?
- Outdoor and indoor adverts and billboards with a message about freedom of speech, freedom of women in the Muslim community, stop the domestic violence.
- A commercial for a new radio station where you don’t hear any more bad songs.
- A politician’s campaign image, through which he wants to liberate people of all previous financial and political constrains.
- A commercial for a new medicine for head-aches or even flu or allergies, asthma, etc.
- A powerful campaign to raise awareness about the human traffic situation.
- A nonconformist job add, for a firm that promotes a different type of working environment, where people are treated nicely and have the freedom to speak without being judged and fired.
- An add for a psychotherapist new office with a possible message like: Rid yourself of constrains and start living a new life!
- Wallpapers for our desktops, banners and logos for applications.
- In magazines and newspapers on a huge number of subjects regarding freedom in every way.
- Inspirational posters.
- Printed on shirts, caps, mugs, promotional material, book covers, agendas, etc