Do you look horrible in your ID photo? Have you ever felt embarrassed to show your driving license? If yes, it means: “Thanks, God, I’m not the only one!”
Well, if our Id cards don’t look so great, the reason is obvious: it’s a fake forced posture. Nobody feels comfortable like that. So, here’s one of the secrets: comfort!
Of course, it’s not a tragedy having scary Identity cards but what happens when we want to use models and make them look natural?
The image of the week comes to help us with a great and simple example of how to do it right.
Looking at the picture, I could find the 5 steps to success:
- Concept: build your picture on a fact/feeling/character/story!
- Simplicity: use only relevant elements, nothing else!
- Usual and comfortable posture: don’t ask your models to freeze, but to behave like real actors! Let them take their time to understand the concept!
- Facial expressions: Can’t they freeze with that facial expression more than 5 seconds? It means it’s not the right one!
- Originality: Dare to be free in expressing your own vision regarding the concept you chose, no matter how silly could seem!
What’s so great about this picture? (more…)